Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Incredible Shrinking Ray - Week 8

Ladies and gentlemen, I've reached my first big milestone in weight loss. I have cracked the 220 barrier, and in doing so I've reached the halfway point to my main goal of 200 lbs.

I tried to remember back to when I last weighed 219 lbs, and my best guess was about the age of 21 - a few years after living with my grandparents, when I first ballooned up. By then, all those bad eating habits, as well as being sedentary, were second nature and began my slow annual climb of packing on an average of 3-4 lbs a year.

All reversed in less than two months! I'm interested to see where I'll be at the beginning of May...

I wasn't the only one to hit a milestone. RedFaery dropped just below the 200 lb mark this week, for the first time in about seven years, when her Grave's disease started attacking her thyroid. This was her primary goal. Since she feels like she can continue to push herself at the rate she has been (exercising 3-4 times a week), she's set a new goal for herself of losing another 10 lbs - and I've every reason to believe she'll get there in no time!


Summary:
Starting Weight: 237 lbs.
Weeks 1-6 Loss: 16 lbs.
Week 8 Loss: 2 lbs.
Current Weight: 219 lbs.

No comments: