Monday, March 10, 2008

Glass Onion

The other day I saw that Blogger said that in the Chinese zodiac, I'm a Dog - I was born in 1971, but before the Chinese New Year, so by their calendar I was born in 1970. Since I had Chinese food today (and saw the zodiac on the placemat, thus putting it at the forefront of my mind), I decided to get more info on my canine traits.

Some of the traits listed I agree with (good and bad): honest, faithful and sincere; respect tradition and value honor, and enjoy helping people; not good at socializing with friends, and rarely shines in company, but he is intelligent, caring and a good listener; born old and get younger as they age; makes a splendid captain of industry, a priest, an educator, a critic, or a doctor (I've been all these except a doctor); usually very generous and loyal, and in love, he is honest and straightforward; a worrier;an introvert who rarely shows his feelings; when he does it's only because he thinks it is absolutely necessary. In love, the most salient characteristic of Dogs is their loyalty.

Some traits listed I disagree with (bad and good): very righteous, and always is the first to speak out against injustice; when panic strikes, he can turn nasty, and bark till he is tired; takes everything very serious; will have romantic problems all his life - it's his own fault, really: he leads himself by his emotional in stability and his eternal anxiety (this was once true, but not now); tend to be both magnanimous and prosperous, yet they can also be dogged, guarded, and defensive; never really relaxes; frequently cynical, feared for his sharp tongue and his acid and disagreeable remarks; gives the impression of looking systematically for faults in everything he touches - this is because he is the world's biggest pessimist and expects nothing out of life.

Famous dogs include Winston Churchill, Al Jolson, George Gershwin, Michael Jackson, and Madonna.

Arf.

No comments: