I mentioned a few days ago that Tevye is the #1 role I want to play on my list of "Role I Must Do Before I Die". About a year ago, I posted my official list online, and went back today and found it. So I'm posting it here in case anyone wanted to know (and so I can find it easier - it was the only copy):
In order of desire to play (boldface roles accomplished):
1. Tevye from "Fiddler on the Roof" (possibly this summer!)
2. Nicely-Nicely Johnson from "Guys & Dolls" (I played Harry the Horse in high school)
3. Henry Higgins or Alfred Doolittle in "My Fair Lady" (I played one of Alfred's drinking pals in high school)
4. King Arthur from "Camelot" (I played a random knight at Hayswood about 20 years ago)
5. the Leading Character in "Pippin" (I played Luis at Hayswood about 15 years ago - although I'd settle for King Charlemagne)
6. Jesus in "Godspell" (did that about 4 years ago)
7. Audrey 2 in "Little Shop of Horrors" (although I'd settle for the Dentist)
8. the Cowardly Lion in "Wizard of Oz" (did it last year)
9. the Phantom in "Phantom of the Opera" (pipe dream)
10. any role in "Dracula" (played VanHelsing 2-1/2 years ago)
RedFaery will be happy to note that none of these roles require kissing anyone (a few you could see it happening, but not necessary) - she's still the only one that gets all my lip action!
If I get all ten of these checked off, I'd probably retire from acting. Dead serious.