Monday, March 17, 2008

The Incredible Shrinking Ray - Week 10

Update on last post - RedFaery did indeed lose her job. Interestingly enough, she said the one thing she's going to miss the most was access to their on-site fitness center. I don't blame her there - nice up-to-date equipment, free flavored water, showers, etc. We've already decided to find a nearby gym - just not looking forward to membership rates.

Went to the doctor this morning because of needed new prescriptions. This was the first time I'd been on a scale in just over 2 weeks. It's hard to compare with the scale at the gym because I was fully clothed, and just the fact it's a different scale means there's going to be a bit of difference.

Anyway, I weighed in at 221 lbs - and if you take off 3 lbs for clothes and shoes, that means I'm down to about 218 lbs! Boo-ya!

Even the doctor was pleasantly surprised. He remarked that he tells people all the time to lose weight to no effect. We talked about me losing it simply due to portion control, and I told him that I'll probably add more exercise if I plateau, and he seemed to think that was a good plan. So now I can say that what I'm doing is doctor-approved!

Summary:
Starting Weight: 237 lbs.
Weeks 1-9 Loss: 18 lbs.
Week 10 Loss: 1 lbs
Current Weight: 218 lbs.

No comments: