Monday, August 25, 2008

Drive My Car



A map of every state I've visited. It's only when I look at it like this do I realize how well-traveled I'm NOT! A couple of notable states for me:

Utah & Arizona: This is the far end of the long driving vacation I took with my family when I was probably 10 or so. Think "National Lampoon's Vacation" without the dead aunt, Wally World or Christie Brinkley, and that's pretty much it. I counted the states in between there and Indiana, as we had to stop and pee sometime, right?

California: I took myself there for 5 days after my first divorce - figured I'd do something I always wanted to do, but never would while married. However, since I was cash-poor, I didn't really do anything except walk 20 blocks to the Walk of Fame and the Chinese Theater and eat McDonald's. I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything!

Wisconsin: Boy Scout summer camp in the middle of the state. The two notable things on this trip: getting inducted into the Order of the Arrow, and our entire caravan of three vans getting pulled over by a cop for u-turning in the grass median of the interstate (and man, did that cop let our scoutmaster have it!).

Florida: I've been to Florida for vacations and business more times than I've visited any other state (other than my home states of Indiana & Kentucky). Damn near every time on someone else's dime though!

You can make a map for countries visited too, but other than the U.S., I can only claim Jamaica, so it would have been boring.

I've got a lot of traveling to do!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did you go in the upper peninsula of Michigan?

ActingUpAgain said...

Haven't been - just selecting a state highlights all of it. RedFaery's mom lives in Michigan, just on the border to Indiana.

PillowNaut said...

Where did you go in Texas? :)

ActingUpAgain said...

Dallas - Plano to be exact. I have an uncle that's been with Texas Instruments for 20 years.

Dani @ OKDani.com said...

You better get your booty up to NYC!!!