Monday, July 7, 2008

The Incredible Shrinking Ray - Week 26

I'm at the halfway point of my weightloss year. Looking strictly at the stats, I'm ahead of schedule. Having dropped a total to date of 21 pounds, that puts me at losing 57% of the weight I wanted to lose. Something to be proud of!

However, the reality is much different. I hit that number months ago, and have floated between 214-217 all that time. I did once even make it down to 212.

So what's the matter?

Mistakes were made. I tried a few things that differed from what I knew was working, just simply because I wanted to experiment. Problem with that is that I didn't go back once I saw they didn't work. They turned into new bad habits that I treated like good habits.

Time to redouble my efforts and return to the passion that I had for chipping away at that magic number. Time to up my exercise to more than once a week - maybe even for longer than 30 minutes at a time as well. Time to stop overanalyzing, and just fuckin' do it.

Summary:
Starting Weight: 237 lbs.
Weeks 1-23 Loss: 20 lbs.
Week 25 Loss: 1 lbs.
Current Weight: 216 lbs.

No comments: